Evening & weekend Mindful Hypnobirthing classes. Oxford, Witney & Thame. Plus a new Mindful Breastfeeding class!
I love giving birth! And yes, I get some looks when I say that out loud! I had my first hypnobirth over 10 years ago and am so grateful a wonderful hypnotherapist recommended I give HypnoBirthing a try. I have no doubt, hypnobirthing transformed what would have been a scary & painful experience into one of the best nights of my life!
Hypnobirthing is rooted in sound birth knowledge, confidence & empowerment but also high quality hypnotherapy skills & hypnotic techniques.
So relax! I’m an experienced Clinical Hypnotherapist, Mindfulness practitioner & Trauma therapist. And I’m delighted to be a 3x hypnobirthing mama! (I started hypnobirthing way before it was mainstream). My baby’s births were all natural (not one of them perfect!) and hypnobirthing made them enjoyable and amazing. And I’ve used different methods, so I know what works well & what not so!
I share all my experience & give you the WHYs. So you learn deeper hypnotic skills for the birthing mind. And advanced hypnosis and fear release techniques. The fastest way to switch off fear & stay relaxed in the craziest of birth situations and more…
Most importantly – Everyone receives post course support – group or private hypnobirthing. You’re an individual and your journey is unique so I am always here for you.
Class 1 – Hypnobirthing
- Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy – an introduction
- The Power of words
- Hypnobirthing – the logic of KG Hypnobirthing
- Hypnobirthing MP3 & affirmations – tips for use & practice
- Birth physiology & hormones – this is amazing
- The mind – an it’s role during birth
- Fear, Tension, Pain
- Hypnosis – calm trust
Class 2 – Body & Mind
- Breathing – Up Breathing
- Soften relaxation
- Calming touch
- Stroking relaxation
- Short relaxations
- Breech, back to back – and optimal positioning
- Complimentary therapies
- Pelvic Floor Exercise
- Perineal massage
- Preventing tearing
- Hypnobirthing for cesarean – gentle c-section
Class 3 – Medicalised Hypnobirths
- Decision making
- Due dates
- Induction & Hypnobirthing – including membrane sweep
- Inducing labour more naturally
- Taking responsibility for birth
- Birth partners – questions & partner’s role
- Midwives & Obstetricians
- Early signs of labour
- Hypnosis – for confidence & power
Class 4 – Your hypnobirth
- Birth place
- Homebirth – the benefits of birthing at home
- Note to midwife – setting the scene
- Hypnobirthing birth plan – writing a hypnobirthing birth plan
- First stage – early labour, established labour, the transitional stage
- Second stage – what to expect, Hypnobirthing & birth partners role
- Third stage – Hypnobirthing, birthing your placenta and more your partner can do to help!
- More on birth partners
- Hypnosis – visualisation of a calm, confident birth
An optional extra Mindful Breastfeeding can be booked as a standalone class or alongside any hypnobirthing course. I often hear my hypnobirthing mamas exclaim how amazing childbirth was – but wow! What a challenge breastfeeding is! Group classes are £45 and a private 1:1 class £95. Birth partners are encouraged to attend.
You will discover how important the brain is in breastfeeding and how mindfulness techniques can help release you from limiting beliefs & emotions that many new mothers encounter. You will learn relaxation & mindfulness techniques that are useful before & after birth – Giving you the confidence to connect with your baby on an even deeper level.
You will learn:
- How breastfeeding works
- How to get breastfeeding off to a good start
- Positioning & attachment
- Common breastfeeding problems
- Low milk supply & supplementation methods
- Expressing & responsive bottle feeding
- Early parenting neuroscience
- The role of oxytocin in breastfeeding
- The importance of self care
- To trust your body & your baby
- Learn to connect more deeply with your baby
Mindful Breastfeeding – July
Held in my Horspath hypnoptherapy practice, there is plenty of parking and a lot of biscuits! £45 – no charge for birth partners. And a special price for my hypnobirthing mamas!
Available places: ALL GONE!
Dates: Wed 24th July 6-8.30pm
Oxford Hypnobirthing – September
Also known as The Old Methodist Church this is a spacious and welcoming venue. And best of all, it’s conveniently close to Oxford, Abingdon, Headington & Thame.
Investment: FULLY BOOKED
Dates: Mon 9, 16, 23, 30 September 7-9.30pm
Witney Hypnobirthing – October
Witney Methodist Church is in the heart of Witney & right next to your midwives! And I have a fab cross-service offer with a Witney pregnancy yoga service – ask me about it!
Investment: £229 – no charge for birth partners
Dates: Saturdays 5th & 12th October 10-4pm
Also known as The Old Methodist Church this is a spacious and welcoming venue. And best of all, it’s conveniently close to Oxford, Abingdon, Headington & Thame. £229 – no charge for birth partners.
Dates: Mon 14, 21 Oct & 4, 11 November 7-9.30pm
Last Date: Mon 25 Nov, 2, 9, 16 Dec
I wish this was around when I was pregnant! Birth was beautiful but the first months of breastfeeding was all pain and bleeding nipples! I fought hard to make breastfeeding a success but you can make it easy!
So prepare yourself in pregnancy for ultimate feeding knowledge & confidence.